This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Genealogy Story of a Hunt for Göhrde Info..- and Meyer and Behrens

Source : http://www.goehrdehof.de/jagd/Beipackm Jagd.pdf



I am sure that I have shared this story before, but just in case I did not, I'd like to give it this slant.

One more word about the last post and the pictures supplied and the link I gave. I did borrow it from Mr Hoffman whom I met on line a few years ago. I wrote in English and he wrote in German. I used the translator to understand what he had to say.

He is a retired
NATO member. He said and I could see that he was proud that he had much to do with doing away with the weapons of their country. Being as smart and educated as he is, he had a good command of English. I admit my ignorance of NATO and what it is about. I found him online possibly because of the German word deer and forest. I struck up conversation with him about hunting and the G
öhrde forest. I was hoping to learn more about what could be at Oldendorf and the Göhrde in relation to the game hunting reserve there. I hoped to learn more and possibly eventually learn more about Hunting at Röthen. Even though he was into hunting, he couldn't tell me a whole lot, because he came from another area of the country. It wasn't as if he grew up there and heard many stories. Though I am sure if he attends local events, or hunts with locals, maybe some oldtimers may have told him a story or two.

I was impressed with his love of the adventure of hunting as he told me he was leaving soon to go Boar hunting in Czechoslovakia. It seems to me that he would be the most wonderful person that I would want in my company were I to hunt the edges of the great forests. [ If I were to visit Germany someday, his cabins is where I might want to stay a few nights.]

So relatives if your ever in the idea of hunting in Germany, especially in the area of our ancestors where they wandered these forests, you should consider staying at his lodgings Göhrdehof. He has more on it if you follow the link. Please do check it out.


I had noticed that his address said Neetzendorf and I was trying to get and idea of size and lay of the land. I asked him about Behrens and the Meyer family there. He said his daughter lives in USA out west. And after a little further writing on my part, he said if I faxed him a tree, he would give it to the MEYER and the BEHRENS since they were only a couple Yards from him. [ I still wonder what he meant by Yards. I think it must mean as we do in the city. It must mean someone is two houses over to their yard.]

I was curious whose home he took over, and he said it was his wifes Bergmann family, whom have lived there for a long time. Her name was BERGMANN. and Yes readers I have seen the name many a document including one of my own. And did I reveal that, your thinking it right, of course I did! I intend to write to her again later, when I have compiled Bergman Information.

Now to get on with it.
I or We only corresponded with the one of the two Herman Behrens family in Neetzendorf. The Behrens family responded that they didn't know? I later sent them a whole bundle of document copies. [I was hoping the two were related to each other and would share it. I regret not sending to both Behrens.] And the Meyer family at Neetzendorf said that they did not know either. That the keeper of their ancestor information was a Werner SCHUHE. and that most of the names always had the name with Heinrich. Our seem to as well. It was hard to tell with some of them, cause I only had two names to work with. Johan Juergen Meyer- Heinrich Christoph Meyer's son.

You have to remember that according to the church documents, [ which is all I have to work with,] the Juergen Friedrich Meyer (geb. 1814) must have moved to Eichdorf to marry Cathrina Margarethea Luhmann. I think the mother or father may have followed him at different times. His other brother had gone to Himbergen [county] Uelzen, married, had children and died there. The youngest surviving other brothers where abouts and family is uknown to me.

So now you see why I have a special place in my heart for the kind Mr. Hoffmann of Neetzendorf, who owns a little hunting / lodging business in the home area of our Ancestors.

Note: I did try to find '
Werner Schuhe'. it is not so easy to find a Werner Schuhe with Schuhe standing for shoe. I should mention though that our M& M in Fairmont did say we had the familien name Shoe in the family.

Note: You know I suspect that our M & M in Fairmont may have read some of the German books of the area including those in old script. He may have read Charlotte Wodaege's book on Dahlenburg or he even may have had a copy of Heinrich Borstelmann's book about the inhabitants of the villages of Bleckede, which is to be my next post.


At my next posts you will be surprised to see how often the name Bergman and other familiar surnames come up and then too the village Neetzendorf.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I had not realized it had been so long since I was by last. I love your on going dialog about your family, what they did and where they are from. Enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so, I have been feeling guilty about not getting out and reading more of those I follow. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.