This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Monday, September 28, 2009

A birthday tribute In HONOR of Sylvia






Sylvia Meyer's birthday is this week, so I thought maybe a little post would be nice. It's funny, but not really, that I have been thinking, so heavily these days of her and Dewey Meyer. I bet all the pictures I had placed on the puter are gone, I'd have to scan a few again. So I borrowed these from Sunnyslope Farm[http://genealogyoflifeatsunnyslopefarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/genealogy-of-meyer-siblings-visit-tSunnyslope Farmo.html]
In this photo above you see mother Sylvia holding Sissy, and Dewy is holding Sonny.
Here the visitors of the family we find the Pauline Nahnsen and Carl Seil from Calhoun county Iowa. They came in company with their Parent who was Herman Henry's sister. Two of his sisters Frieda and Mary married Nahnsen brothers.
Also visiting this evening was Amanda and Lyle Meyer. I am not sure where their little Mary is instead of also being in the picture. Mary was born three days after Sissy on the seventh. I believe the photo was taken in December 1950.

I found this photo of her mother at Ancestry.com I am so pleased to show you the resemblence of Sylvia's mother to herself. Especially the hair. I had only seen her as an older person. Actually all photos I have have been of her in the older stage of life. { I would love to find something of her father, pics of William or even his brothers to see those facial features particular to her maternal family.] I see the resemblance perhaps in the face shape
Picture of Josie Lodes - Sylvia's Mother.


It is hard to believe that she has been gone from our life for six years now.
I remember Sylvia as usually full of laughter and teasing, usually when in a group of those she felt comfortable around. She really liked to spread her talents and help others in need. Like baking a cake for other people's occasions. Or one by making some little girl some curtains out of her fabric scraps. Lots of times it was just giving away many vegetables from her garden to friends.





Sylvia was mother, a hard worker, a chicken raiser, a gardener, a scrapbooker, collector, and quilter, among her other talents.
I have to rescan the photos I have of Sylvia in her youth. So I hope to do that when I can.
Please stop back and see it.

If anyone would like to comment on Sylvia, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.