This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Morman LDS Records of Naefke birth at Lohrville, Iowa. in Calhoun county

I dropped by again to the Latter day saints [ Morman] site to see what they have on Sauke/ Saucke. I have seen something there before and I thought it would be a refresher. Often times something new has been added or maybe I see something else in a different light. Then, I find myself getting inspiration from this second, third or fourth viewing. [smile]

I saw Sauke / Saucke from Borgel and Bienbuttel Germany. One with the name Meyn.

I decided to proceed to the Naefke name, after all they will give me the census if nothing else. Easily in one glance with that name. The bonus for me is the supplied phonics of other ways of spellings used for the name.

Birth Records in Calhoun County Ia.
The bonus for you, who may like to research the Lohrville, or any township of Calhoun county area is the link to the compiling of birth records submitted to LDS from that little area of Calhoun county, Iowa.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=/eng/search/ancestorsearchresults.asp


It's just nice knowing that you can find it there at LDS. It's not new to me, as I have seen it before. I just thought I would share it, just in case one of you needs a reminder.

Haven't you heard the common layman say "Your researching your family, the Morman church has everything". And they take such satisfaction in that statement. I suppose the satisfaction lies in the idea that it will be there, if they someday want to start looking. Maybe it might all be collected there in twenty more years, but well I doubt it myself. I am thinking of some German churches who do not submit this information. And many communities in USA who are not that active with their Genealogical heritage. And the increasingly scary privacy issues.

Actually, I find that both Greene and Calhoun counties have been really good at getting the information out there. More and more places are so concerned about privacy issues, that the bars are slamming shut on availability of the information reaching us.

I am afraid that may be the case with church records.

I guess that is an important reason to talk / write to the others, who are researching the same families. The church may release something to a Meyer on the Grote / Meyer marriage, but not maybe a Kuhlman, who is on the Naefke end. ETC. Vicer Versa.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=/eng/search/ancestorsearchresults.asp

While there, you should check out the most useful and excellent advice they give for genealogy searches. I particularly like the section on letter writing that I use, when I write to the churches in Germany for information.

I hope you find something extra today.
Actually, what I haven't said, but it's prescence is felt in this page, which I just have to state finally after all. Don't delay in your search. Get going on it. That old saying may hold true. --
The early bird gets the worm.

I will look more now at my selected page.

21. Anna Maria Wilhelmina Naefke - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Birth: 31 AUG 1887 Lohrville, Calhoun, Iowa

See you later.



Note/Comment : I see an interesting location of some early 1700's Nefe or Nafke who made it to LDS of german records were from this area which, I provide as link of explanation of area below.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rethwisch_%28Stormarn%29&ei=SidxS6KVG4y4Nt78hfIJ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBIQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTreuholz,%2BOldesloe,%2BPreussen%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DIim%26sa%3DG

Sch. Holstein is a origination of the Nahnsens, Carstensens, Petersens, Andersens, Namanny and more surnames all of whom were attending the Farnhamvill church. Many had settled first at Clinton and Crawford Iowa before arriving to Calhoun and Greene county.

And on the note of the spelling of Nefe / Naefke. -- One person with name Nefe once married into a royal family. http://www.e-familytree.net/f16660.htm

Note: It may lead you here:
http://www.familie-greve.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=ahnenindex&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=37
But use caution in going there. Make sure your virus detection is up todate.

just me jo

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Geneabloggers community. I too have ancestors from the Lippe-Detmold area. I found the Auswanderer site a few years ago and was so thrilled to find so much information on my family who lived in Langenholtzhausen. Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rootdigger, I would have to agree with your advice: The early bird gets the worm. The sooner you start your search, the better your results will be!

    Oh, and welcome to Geneabloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointed not to be able to find birth records of Lohrville, Calhoun Co, Iowa at the site you have listed. I had family there...

    Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I'm fairly new, as well, and have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    Keep telling your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your too kind all of you.
    I am glad to now be a member of your family.

    Dr. Bill, I am glad to see we have this place in Iowa in common, I know we will probably have may future disscusions and other interests to explore.

    Terri, thanks, I look forward to reading yours as well. And I Hope my readers take the time to visit too.


    Amanda, Thanks for the chance to join your group. I appreciate it. It came at the best time.

    John, Thank you too. And isn't that worm just delicious. Some how that makes me picture us as Genealogie survivors.



    Thinking of tv. I wonder,if you all have seen some of the new shows. Enjoying them......... I think I read about them somewhere before being bounced off by firefox for trying to read too much at once. [lol]

    See you later. [ just me jo]

    ReplyDelete
  5. William Smith. Is that Smith you search or Schmidtz Schmidt. Or another family member. Did the site work for you? I think they also have marriages or deaths. I can't say for sure, I shall have to check.
    And of course I wonder why it did produce your person.
    I myself have had unsuccessrul finding of a marriage at Maquoketa in Jackson county. When was the birth. And maybe i can check some birth christening records of the Farnhamville church. I also have the book of the county . Do you suppose the family is in there?
    I have had success to google for the books of various counties.
    I look forward to seeing all the themes. I will make a post on it once I round up all the categories.
    just me jo

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.