This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Monday, February 22, 2010

Naefke at Latter Day Saints search.org

I returned again for a search at the Latter Day Saint search.org. I had read the comment below on former post from Dr. William Smith where he says he visited the link of
International Genealogical Index - North America
I offered and failed to find the birth of his relative. Not knowing the name of his, I followed my link to see if worked well enough. Sometimes link or no link The latter day saints search form appears minus the batch number. I am not sure why. So I entered again the name of Naefke and that has produced two batch numbers that I can show you. I believe I have had the numbers before and also there is either a marriage or death or cemetery one. It will take me a little time to find the other one.

International Genealogical Index - North America
In this search under "Naefke' I found this:
Alma Naefke born 10 aug. 1891 at Lohrville.
His parents were Diedrich Naefke and Doris Ahrens
Batch number to use for wild search for others:
c 75 1951

Anna Maria Wilhelmina Naefke born 31 Aug. 1887 Lohrville Iowa
Parents: Henrik Naefke and Louise Saucke.
Batch Number;
C75 1837

Hmmm it seems to be listed by Lohrville. I thought, though, that I had seen other cities of Calhoun county before.

And finally this one whichI find very interesting.
William H. Naefke 1883 Illnois
His spouse :
Alma Raithel
Marriage date: 18 Oct. 1911
F506555
998
1553318

Some of the entries here say Crete, others say Will county.
That is where Saucke / Schroeder combine with the Seil family.

Then for Bill's sake I looked at the Smith names.
# 52 is Gwendolyn Marie Smith
FB-- 03.Oct. 1883 Calhoun co. Iowa.

Just a little personal note. I accepted a comment to publish it about five minutes ago. Something happended with it, and now it is gone. I did not get to read it. So sorry.
I am new to this blogging thing and I just don't know all the answers.

Note:
Edited error of William's middle initial A to H. As it was recorded at family search.org. By the way I hope you are using the new Beta also. It's a good thing my readers are on their toes!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my San Antonio Zoo post!

    My Lohrville, Calhoun Co, Iowa, relative family is surname KINNICK, my mother's brother, by the way.

    Keep these ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.