This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Friday, March 27, 2009

Looking for Luhmann, Germany - Luhman - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

~ I thought I would show a post of a fellow researcher of the Luhmann name. The first time, I ran into Andrea Lang online while she and I were separately researching at Ancestry.com Later once again through the Rootsweb Hannover Kingdom mailing list. Here is an example with herpost and mine. Notice how I used to babble on and on, trying to throw everything out there.

Looking for Luhmann, Germany - Luhman - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com: "Looking for Luhmann, Germany
Andrea Lange ---Posted: 14 Jul 2001 9:50AM GMT

Classification:
Surnames: Luhmann, Meier, Meyer, Classen
I'am searching for my ancestry in germany: Do you know anything about Johann Jürgen Friedrich Luhmann, born in Hamburg on December 9, 1835 - married Regine, Helene Eleonore Classen, or Jürgen Friedrich Luhmann, born in Bohndorf on March14, 1789 - married Maria Meier ,or Johann Heinrich Luhmann, died before 1830 - married Anna Dorothea Meyer
Re: Looking for Luhmann, Germany
@@gengeeme[at]email.com ) Posted: 22 Sep 2001 1:15PM GMT

Classification: Query
Surnames: Meyer,Luhman, Behrens, Reinecke, Henke, Heins,
We may have something here. I am frantically looking for my notes or Luhmann history. I do have ? Ann Meyer Or Ann ? Meyer marrying a Luhmann. But Nothing was said where this Meyer came from. I take it that she was a widow, and so was this her maiden name. Or was it her name when widowed.

I will definately find those papers so I can check dates and places.They start very early 1700's. It was done by a local man, who did have a Meyer there not related to me. Perhaps she could be related to yours.

I have a Meyer marriage with Margarethea Catharina Luhmann which happened later in their history. We have Valentine Luhmann and Henning Luhmann. There are many branches off of Luhmann tree. Pagel, Mueller, Schulz, Reinecke, Schlaphof etc. They were shepherds and cattle herders. In the early years, they intermarried amongst other shepherds and cattle herders. I have been wondering if the Ann Dorothy was maybe a branch of the Johan Juergen Meyer family. Ann and D"


I know, I should have shut up already. So I will now. I have to find another post of Andrea Lang's which explains that she found family in Missouri. I think with Mennerich or Menke name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.