This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to the Seil Family Name On. Monday- Mystery Writer William Seil


Y
ou notice the small picture to the left, which is from Amazon books. I received a notice that I might be able to have some of their ads at my page. I am considering the possibilities as long as I can still mention books of other places and sorts as the need arises. If you think of how many times I mention Heinrich Porths German books for searching of family in certain areas of Uelzen. Or the antique book of Heinrich Borstelman, you know I tend to do just that. And not to mention all German area locations in review such as Ostheide or Dahlenburg, as well as united states areas like the Iowa history books are mentioned over and over as sources.

Today this book Sherlock Holmes and the Titanic Tragedy: A Case to Remember (Adventures of Sherlock Holmes) (Paperback) ~ William Seil (Author) not only represents the subject Amazon it also represents the author William SEIL. His book published by Breese books.


I suppose by now you have noticed I seem to have more than two and less than ten families of Seil. It's so true. I never knew there could be so many.

In today's case the subject matter is due to one association given to me by M&M about William or Bill Seil the author. He had told me that this member of the family or did he say he may be a member of the family, who wrote this book?? He also made it easier for me by saying the gentleman lived in Washington.

I did find a little information on him a few years ago and well I shall have to forgo that clipping, sorry. It really saddens me that as hard as I tried to search for anything about this author through google or even the book sales, I had failure to find any clippings or published stories, or anyone claiming him.

My only hope I believe is through the census, if I can only get his birth year. Perhaps I can find the publishing date and subtract twenty to twenty five years and maybe arrive at a possible time of birth. I thought this is the area. Issaquah, King washington.[ I also have an old clipping which mentions him with his father whose name I do not remember.]
today I read this
William Seil, Thursday, November 21, 1996
"Sherlock Holmes-Mystery and Mythology"
Seil, a resident of Bellevue, Washington, began his career as a newspaper reporter in Illinois. He has won several journalism awards, including two for investigative reporting. In the spring of 1996 he went to England for a book tour launching his first mystery novel, Sherlock Holmes and the Titanic Tragedy. A long-time Sherlock Holmes enthusiast, Seil is a member of Holmes societies in the United States, Canada and Britain.
And here
William Seil is a member of the Sound of
the Baskervilles, and author of "Sherlock
Holmes and the Titanic Tragedy". This
article is his adaptation of the 1990 tribute
he wrote for his good friend Will Crakes.
So it is something to start from, more than I had found at another date.


You can't blame me for hoping that just maybe one of you might know something about this author or his family. Or better yet maybe you have knowledge of how I can find out more information on this author. Maybe there is a reference book somewhere. Now wouldn't that be nice.

I am well aware that he might not fit into our families, and that's okay. Cause I have these lists of people who need to be permanentally checked off as not related and not tied into my research..

9 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of your blog and would like to give you the Ancestor Approved award. You can pick it up here:

    http://shbwgen.blogspot.com/2010/04/ancestor-approved-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to comment on my own blog.
    I think I shall try writing to the organizations that he joined. Their address is there at links. I hope to find an online address too.

    And I Hope to go into file box and see if he comes up.
    However he is again going to be put into the mental back burner for a time.

    I have found one lead in illn a possiblilty, but not sure yet.

    And Now I know his address was spelled out in one article as Bellevue Wa. Not issaquah, King county.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since he started out in Journalism in Illinois I looked at these they might help....

    http://www.archive.org/stream/familylegaciesce00illi/familylegaciesce00illi_djvu.txt (the Seil family is near the end of the page.)

    http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-14200453.html you will need a trial membership to view it is an article referencing William Seil as a journalist in Evansville.

    http://tobaccodocuments.org/ctr/10399837-9887.html?zoom=750&ocr_position=above_foramatted&start_page=1&end_page=51 he is on this list near the end. It gives his employment and address.

    http://www.mssu.edu/iswne/newspdfs/mayjune07.pdf page 7 is about Peter Seil son of William Seil and gives info on William

    Hope this is of help.
    HUGz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leah, I have read quite a few this morning. I'll see what I can do with it. It is my first time being picked for an award.
    I barely knew anything when I started. Even M&m didn't know some of it, or I didn't figure out what he was refering to. So maybe that makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hummer, thanks for the links. It was kind of you to take the time for me. I haven't had a chance to try them out. I haven't spent time on the census, since I wrote about the little I found. I am excited to see what they lead to.

    I will work on this award list tonight and then follow up on it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Laura Ann, I love approval. I'll see if I can get it out there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. I just stumbled upon this blog so I thought I'd help you out. Bill Seil is my brother. He's from Shorewood, IL and now lives in Bellevue, WA. He has a journalism degree from the University of IL, and he originally worked as a reporter in Kankakee. He's currently a corporate writer for Boeing. Our family is from Germany, but apparently the name Seil used to be longer. As was common, some of the letters were chopped off when our great grandfather came to the U.S. (My birth name was also Seil, but I changed it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. E. Tristan Booth (Tristan_Booth@cox.net)October 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM

    Addendum: I just noticed from the text above that you were looking for Bill's birth date and our father's name. Bill was born on February 16, 1950, and our father, Emery Christian Seil, was born on July 31, 1921. He was originally a farmer, then ran the Seil evergreen nursery in Shorewood, IL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seil tend to like the green material.. nurseries or plant stores.....

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.