This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tombstones and Graves of My Ancestors

I have no pictures of my of Oldendorf Ancestors buried at Nahrendorf. Maybe someday. I am hopeful. So I shall substitute.

Both parents passed their lives in Hanover and side by side they sleep the dreamless sleep of death in the same old cemetery in which rests all that is mortal of many generations of their ancestors.


Nice, huh? That came from a biography. If it takes that long to say so nicely that his parents died and buried at the same place all the others were, then the biography has to be long. Right.

But I love them anyway. Where would we be with out biographies and obituarie.

just me jo

I am currently continuing on with the saga of Seils. More to come.

2 comments:

  1. I really have so few photos of my ancestors. One relative did share hers but on my dad's side almost zero. You have encouraged me to go and try to find someone on that side that can share too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, I like to inspire. Yours blog always inspires me. I think I might try your outdoor wednesday on my sunnyside blog. I have been enjoying some home and garde sites of your commentors this last half hour. ; )
    Love them on this inspirational rainy day. I always need a break from genealogy don't you.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.