This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday - Eimstorf Steingrab Megalithic Portal Structures

THE MEGALITHIC PORTAL
I can't say enough about this site. There are quite a few sites that reveal the many diggings that go on in this area of Germany. I first heard of it from a work buddy many years ago. Her family were from Riecklingen and since Dahlenburg, Bleckede and Thomasburg by Radenbeck were pretty close in the Luneburg stadt. So I began to look into it. There are other sites about excavation and the digging. Luneburg was an old salt area which drew in trading people. Sure enough many diggings have been done through out my Ancestors locations. Slowly I began to learn more of the area and those who came before my ancestors.
It certainly helps when media covers your ancestors areas.
I actually have thoroughly enjoyed reading here about megalithic structures. It doesn't cover just Germany, but the world. The site is wonderfully helpful. It offers you several opportunities to search for other areas in your region that might offers more in your towns and cities.

Comment : I noticed one at the Nahrendorf area too.

3 comments:

  1. How cool. I'm heavily into my family's genealogy, too. My husband has a great-grandfather who emigrated to Canada from northern Germany/southern Denmark. My family are all from France, except for a few Irish folks and quite a few First Nations ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First nations is that Indians? Isn't there speculation of those mounds at places, that maybe there were people here before Indians. Or even the Vikings. Maybe First nation will have to be second nation.
    I have a little French who just might have been in Canada. I am not sure how to find out more yet. I also have people in Northern Germany when it was under Denmark rule.
    Julia, I stil haven't fingured out mine, cause It doesn't seem like they stuck completely to the pattern people say were for that region by The Elbe river below Hamburg and luneburg.

    it is fun at any rate.
    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face book has "Mystical Cornwall - Ancient Sites"
    I guess they are going on a trip. I did join a few groups like that this year.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.