This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Emigration Applications A Good Genealogy Source

Actually the site http://www.genealogy-sh.com/dithm/s.htm says only ten percent of those leaving this area of Schleswig-Holstein made the application. [ You'll have to forgive me, I can never spell that area of northern Germany. I should write it one hundred times, maybe then I will be able to do so.]

A good portion of the population that I am aware of in Clinton county and at the Dawson township area near Farnhamville were from this region. I happen to have a great cousin Verl Matthews who researched this family Nahnsen all back to Denmark holdings.
Other surnames of interest with the Nahnsen family are Hansen, Namanny, Petersen. The Carstensen family are also from there, who were one of the first group of founders of the St. Peters church of Farnhamville area in Iowa.

There are listings of surnames of Dithmarschen Emigration from Schleswig Holstein unless people left in the night, or for other reasons so they failed to fill the application to request permission to leave Germany. In other, words it's the good list, not the naughty list.

The link I have, happens to be the"SS". It's a good thing to search while watching some boring HDTV or waiting for your water to boil.
Whoops, I think, mine is going dry.

See you later.
just me arootdigger

I'll be back to share good news about the two Meyer men on Frisia of April 8, 1884 who were on the same ship as Grandpa Willie Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.