This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Genealogy and the surname Konau.

As promised, I am back. I just didn't say when I would be back, right? I know I said I would have something more on Wilhelm KONAU born 1859. But I am sorry to say, that I could not find that particular Wilhelm Konau who was traveling with the Seils, Warnecke, Schroeders.

What started me on the search is that I thought I saw the name in Iowa or by the Warnecke family in the Faribault county in Minnesota. When I went back to find it, I couldn't.

I had seen it on two passenger listings. Once it was misspelled KONAN and on another source copies of the passenger lists , it was correctly related as KONAU. We have been discussing the passenger list of 1883.

I looked again in census and there does seem to be very few there. At least not where I though I saw it before.

If I see it again on one of the census that I wanted you to see, I will come back and edit it in.


Here is the data where the name Konau appeared in my correspondence with the church volunteer. He gave me this record. Remember now, that we have this Meyer at Sammatz and Luhmann family lived there. You can click here and the title for the link where this is discussed.

Meyer record nr.31 /1849 Sammatz
MEYER, Wilhelmine Katherine Elisabeth.
Vater: Johann Heinrich M3YER Hsw. in Sammatz.
Mutter: Katharine Dorothea geb. BURMESTER geb. 6.juli.1849
Gev:
TAEGER, Dorothea Elisabeth, Hauslers wife of Nahrendorf
KONAU, Katherine Margareth


There is no data to link this Meyer or any of the other surnames mentioned in that record to ours yet.

just me jo arootdigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.