This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Friday, May 12, 2023

My Father Dwight Meyer



Honoring My Father for Fathers Day

Hi, I have wandered in for Fathers Day. I thought I would babble a little about some personal moments spent with my father and quit when the demons of guilt attack me.

You see at the right some penny photos of my father Dwight R Meyer. I have had several photos of him at several blogs. He was an adorable small child.
In those pictures my mom always said that he was dressed like a little girl. It makes you wonder sometimes if it was a subconscious action of Grandma Annie? After all she had two boys, not a girl and a boy.

Do you have relatives Dressed like girls?
You now Lyle was given his own photos, and so what he wore when he was small is kind of unknown to me. Perhaps dad wore his hand me downs.
I think they were given play rompers which could be bleached as washed. Play clothes but not exactly like you know the Trapp family play clothes in the musical movie Sound of Music. Luckily it was not from drape material.

Dad certainly needed them.
At any rate, I'll throw in a few of those links below so you can see for yourself.
Dwight Meyer second born son born February 8, 1918 at theme they lived at rural Sunnyslope farm in southern Minnesota. I am sorry I know nothing about the details, if it was actually on the farm or at the hospital.


It probably was not that well known that he had left handed tendencies. As I was just a little thing I remember him consoling me as I was trying to use a scissor or a some tool, he confided that he too had a difficult time with those kind of tools. This confidence reveals two things. It was how he was with me, as sympathetic understanding father with a softer side. Also it reveals that he had left handed tendencies which made things a bit more difficult for Dewey because everyone tried to make him do the normal way. So as a child he had to relearn a task of using scissors.

I think too though it was rarely said and rarely understood, that he was the youngest male at the farm. Most people don't know that he had his mothers half brothers and sisters, whom he lived with and saw them daily at different times. One day feeling a sibling crunch, he had confided to me in his gentle way, that there were times when he too had to pay the toll toward the elders. I never knew at the time that those Jaesckes were those whom he was thinking. I had thought it was his brother.


I had no real thoughts on all this or clues, and it was those tender moments in recall I was gifted the important genealogical information that confirmed some hunches, which led to facts for me, which lead to further wonderful discoveries




I thought I would show Dad as a father here holding his eldest son Sonny. Next to him is a Unknown to me tall family member. I always hought of him as tall enough, but guess he wasn't as tall as some of his family like probably the Nahnsen members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.