This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Friday, May 14, 2010

Minnesota Counties Locations Good To Know



Map Courtesy of Digital Map Store

I have to admit, I thought Ottertail was by Wabasha!

Sources : http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/county-map/minnesota.shtml

2 comments:

  1. I really like the state maps with the counties --- and even more so, the state maps that show the evolution of the counties. I am always surprised that some of my ancestors dinna move at all, but the county lines moved, changed, removed, or added. Sometimes very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, thanks Joan, I might/ should maybe find an older map too. I see too that it did not all fit into my space. Your right too about that moving thing, I had wondered myself in various census, and all the ward numbers and such.

    Someone once told me that Wisconsin and Iowa used to be one. I haven't figured out how that worked then naming the location.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.