This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Language, Words Used With Our Genealogy

I happened across a title of a blog yesterday, which was 50 Best Blogs for Genealogy Geeks. Now I wonder is that one for me. Am I a Genealogy Geek.

First what is a geek?
Sum of a geek : Overly obsessed with Genealogy and the subject, with the computer and has reached a high level of expertise/ and technology in their field of genealogy /[blogging] work maybe with computer technology, working from home, more than socially involved in the community.

The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc. ...
[en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek] [Overly obsessed with Genealogy]


Yes, I am a genealogy geek in many ways. I know now from reading the definitions of a geek, I would say most of the genealogy bloggers - blogs I have read anyway fit parts of the definition. And many claim the position themselves.


So check the list of sites and see if you recognize any of them. If you have already read their blogs or have them on your list, does that already make you a Genalogy Geek?


just me jo

Source :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS274&defl=en&q=define:geek&ei=klX5S9iSNY-ONebHzKIF&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CBUQkAE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.