This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fehring Family Ancestry Research at Nevada, Illinois, Iowa

Welcome back to another family history research and genealogy post.

I have for personal reasons been in a little depression slump the past week, I can easily bring myself out by some deeply immersed researching and browsing for family. So I dug in to FEHRING/ MEYER.
Today, I have been busy since the rooster, crowed, I tell you.
That is the kind of ancestral research I love. Is it logical research, probably not? You know how that goes, right. [ I hope I am not the only one. ]

So let me fill you in.
A little review at the same time.
I have mentioned a few times that a Mary MEYER had a license to marry John D. FEHRING at Galena, Illinois.
FEHRING, JOHN D - 
MEYER, Mary Intended spouse.
1873-02-14 D/ 117- JO DAVIESS, Illinois
at Galena Jo Daviess county, Illinois.
Which could have been my
Mary who immigrated in 1869 with Fritz or
Fred Meyer,
who is no stranger to us.
I am told that the marriage did not follow
through into another marriage record there.
She could have gone with him
to places others have moved to settle.

Remember my post of maps Highland, Greene county. I mentioned at that time of a Mary Fehring land owner there next to Fred. And I have given you glimpses of Meyer with Highland's land records for other years. At that time I was trying to find some connection of FEHRING and GARRISON. Just something that will maybe let me latch me onto a tree at ancestry.

Clinton county, Iowa.

Following Fehrings I have mosied around Sugar Creek settlement at Clinton county, Iowa. I understand some Fehrings have gone off to Mo. and Wi. Oklahoma. Some have settled in a couple of places in Minnesota. One of them was at Nobles county Minnesota. Possibly M& M meant them as he told me of relatives at Nobles county, Minnesota, but I am not sure.

The research I did was a little at familysearch.org beta and it mentioned Union county, Iowa.
Browsing a little at Union county, Iowa message board and maybe leaving a vague post is what I do best, so I shall do that soon.
Here is the juicy little document I have refered to over and over for my research the last few days. There are of course a few others that feed into this one.
But notice the area of Dillion, Montana.

I have followed up with a little research into census also doing google research a bit with it.
As far as I am concerned one can never have too many windows open at the same time.

"However, freddy the puter says no way, too many open windows makes me slow, cut down girl."

1865-1950 for James

Garrison

Residents at Madison county, Montana

Name:James Garrison
Titles & Terms:
Event: Marriage
Event Date: 03 Jan 1895
Event Place: Dillon, Beaverhead, Montana
Age: 31
Marital Status: Single
Previous Spouse:
Race: White
Birth Date:
Birthplace: State of Iowa
Estimated Birth Year: 1864
Father: Melton Garrison
Father's Titles & Terms:
Mother: Margaret Husband
Mother's Titles & Terms:
Paternal Grandfather:
Paternal Grandmother:
Maternal Grandfather:
Maternal Grandmother:
Additional Relatives: X
Spouse: Elsie Fehring
Spouse's Titles & Terms:
Spouse's Age: 18
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Race: White
Spouse's Birth Date:
Spouse's Birthplace: Madison County, Montana
Spouse's Estimated Birth Year: 1877
Spouse's Father: John B. Fehring
Spouse's Father's Titles & Terms:
Spouse's Mother: Mary Meyers
Spouse's Mother's Titles & Terms:
Spouse's Paternal Grandfather:
Spouse's Paternal Grandmother:
Spouse's Maternal Grandfather:
Spouse's Maternal Grandmother:
Volume/Page/Certificate Number: it7 cn268
Film Number: 1905608
Digital Folder Number: 4351340
Image Number: 688

If you glance at my side margin below the tuit sign; you will find the family search ancestry of Jurgen Friedrich MEYER's children's birth dates. One of my Mary Meyer's birth date is 1847. [ It's possible she is hiding as Myer, Mayer, Mier, and heaven forbid as Meyers.] I guess yet another one commited that unforgivable sin with that 'S' on the end of MEYER; and so I had better search more for MEYERS from now on.

In the mean time
John B. FEHRING [ Notice it is not a D] leads to Elsie FEHRING and her husband James GARRISON family history, whom I have spent a little time on researching his family history as well as HUSBAND. [ It's like blogs, one leads to another. ]
I also have found the location of several in locations of Madison county, Montana. Evidently GARRISON was a gold miner at Virginia city; Alder Gulch; maybe Bannick. Some of the family is buried at Nevada city, Montana. I found a very interesting website about the old western towns some of which became ghost towns. You may find that interesting, I found it very distracting! However just think of possible ancestors active in this old west life. We did those reinactions as a kid with our cap guns, hats and kerchiefs.

I shall browse the Nevada city Cemetery and a few other Virginia city cemetery listings.


RELAXING family history Research
will continue on FEHRING, MEYER and GARRISON in all normal phases as well.
I am a bit sad about not being able to pin point my Mary with exact details. Am I wasting time doing this when this might not be her? I just get the details point to it being right!. This is the way I do it some days. No exactly professional genealogist methods. I do keep forgetting what I have learned about FEHRINGs. For that reason, I keep some information at the side margin. See some Fehring family researched by others there. I do have to review what others have to say about the families. I have a vague memory of Nobles county Minnesota family going to or coming from Montana or Oklahoma, so I will follow through on that hunch and see where it gets me.

I haven't had the opportunity to follow them to Nevada before via GARRISON, and so this trip is a pleasure.
I suppose I will keep this up and keep 'lil ol' blog updated on this family history research, so any of you can help me out, right?. Anyway, it helps to record as one goes.

All in all, I have a good feeling that I am a few paces forward,
even though I don't know about this Meyer for sure as being the exact one I need. No I am not sure if the Meyer there in Nevada, and Elsie Fehring died early, but I am hopeing I gain more clues or that lucky detail that will further my search,

For some reason Alder Gulch, the area they first discovered gold keeps calling me, so I may take a browsing detour right now...
See you Later.






Note: Surnames found along the way, HUSBAND, DONEGAN,
Note: Latter day saints research beta suggested different spellings of Fehring, - Ferring, Fering, Fiering Fahring.


Further reading:
Along my journey I found the familyhistory website on DONEGAN, who were in Galena; Madison county, Montana, similar areas as my families.
http://exit78.com/
http://www.historyrhymes.info/2010/12/20/rocky-mountain-mining-towns-bannack-montana/

http://hawcreekoutdoors.com/blog/images-from-bannack008/

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/life/west-yellowstone-to-nevada-city-35611.html

http://www.uscemeteryproj.com/montana/madison/nevadacity/nevadacity.htm
Tons of stuff out there just google.




I appologize for a error of a click that published this post prematurely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.