This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Castle Garden Immigration source results for Hch. Frd.Herrman Meyer

Castle Garden
Our Ancestors passed through many ports. In this case it is the Castle Garden port that holds the records of our Meyer's Immigration. *You can find the lists at many sources. I looked in more than one source for these manifest numbers. Because Grandfather kept saying he had a brother Louis. Or at least I thought he said that. I will never know what Louis he was refereing too, because none have show up in my research* [ edited this in ]

The Manifest No. if the ships passage on the  1884 Immigration Passenger  ship Frisia was # 37694.I have said over and over that Juergen Heinrich Wilhelm Meyer and his wife Maria Dorothea Heins left Oldendorf, bei Nahrendorf for Hamburg in February.  [ According to a letter written by Anna Meyer Bennett]  From there they went to New York. There arrival is stated as April 8, 1884. They traveled with Dagevor or Dagefor. [ Dagefoerde ] which are relation on the maternal Heins side of the family.



Note: Barr with me, I always mix April 6 with April 8, so correct me, if I make the error. The answer to when they left is to be found in the Hamburg Passenger lists.

Source:
German to America volumes of Books or Cd. I will give you copy of that manifest soon for each person. It is similar to that which we find at Castle Garden.org.
- See how Herman's name has the double r.
-I had seen these all in a email, but the email is no longer available.
Castle Garden

http://www.castlegarden.org/quick_search_de


jo Arootdigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.