This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Co - author of Heinrich Porth, Marlies, may be looking or your Family from Uelzen.

REleasing a draft post which may be out of date. Mainly because the book probably is published. I shall have to follow up with the details

In a earlier post I mentioned that a co- author of one of Heinrich Porth's books is researching families from the books. I know because she contacted me about the Himbergen,  August Seil and Lizzie Seils mother, and I am suppose to be working on those technical details right now. I had already found this information, but I accepted it all the same. I also got back to her on some others I had found from that area of Gross Thondorf, Uelzen

And since I have my nose in so many other trees, I have been working on a list of those who who come off of the top of my head. Also I did find a few favorites from Rootsweb World Connect whom I have had some contact or I have done a few look ups on myself.
Plus I sent her the Genzel Tree, which I am suppose to be finishing up a Genealogyofoldendorfund nahrendorf.blogspot.com/ This tree contained some from Nettlestorf, and Possibly Weste, along with Bodenteich. It will help her list. Every since I saw the Genzel tree I have wondered about each Meyer who settled in at Greene and Calhoun county near my Meyer family.

Some one had a little information in their ancestry research from each of the other Meyer trees there at Calhoun county, so I got out my book of Calhoun and relayed some of it in a condensed form.

I was about to do so with a Christoph Meyer of Williams twp. for a blo.  I thought she might be interested,   because he came from Ebstorf, when I stumbled on the tree at Ancestry with it all written out word for word from the book. When I find my own Himbergen book buried here somewhere, I am going to look up his family and see if they connected at all to Himbergen area.
And I want to see if any of them went to Joliet, Jo Davies and maybe Pittsburg. Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, or Oregon.

I Talk genealogy research talk and I forget people who don't  do this stuff;  do not  know the sources and places I refer in general terms. I forget to explain it in detail. In those cases just drop a comment here and I will do my best to tell you where, how, why and what you want to know more about.

I originally broke down and bought that Himbergen book by Porth just to get this Seil information. I didn't know at the time that it would be more read and worn out than the bible.

Note speculation; Hmm I wonder if Karl Rose family was in her updated book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.