This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Saturday, January 18, 2014

History is personal.

Welcome back. The weather has cooled slightly and has hints of snow or rain soon. I have been taking time out to clean out the flower beds before they get too far along, I won't easily accomplish the job.
In any case, Here I sit ready to share a little thought I have had on my mind while raking..

Have you ever read the flowery biographies in those community history books compiled by society members of the community. I have examples at the side in several blog rolls and links. I'll draw your attention to a few links. to illustrate the example. Notice how they freely told you how the pioneer stood on his politics. They told you if he was a Republican or Democrat. As if each person was very proud of those views or is the privilege of being able to say those opinions and stand out in the community and proudly proclaim their views. It was a big deal for our ancestors. I suppose it still is but in a different way.

And I as a reader about the individual, now has a clear picture of what the pioneer was all about. His personal and his public views.
Sometimes were lucky to have a few correspondences or our family where a political event or a personal opinion occurs that were pleased to find. Sometimes those views have been mentioned many time in family stories about the individual. It makes history of their day more personal, and of course History is personal.Our family pertain to it is interesting. Whether we personally agree or give it no real thought at all. But Understanding is the key.

I have realized, that and I wonder how much I want my descendants to know how we fall into the events or locality how I fit into the history as it is being made day by day. I at times, not even sure what I think some days. If eel a need to give my excuses, my views etc of why my life has been what it has been. To show my niche in this large world. Then again I keep so much of my thoughts and real feelings to myself. In fact when political advocates call me, I tell them my intentions and who I am going to vote for are private.

So I guess it is surprising that a few posts back, I published a view I had on a local politics and I wanted to open some eyes to the future efects if these events get ignored. It is surprising in a a lot of ways that it did reflect the worries I had, have. It is this kind of post I wanted to do to open some people eyes like a warning, because the Holocaust did not happen overnight.


After reviewing the Genea Bloggers code of conduct this week I realizeed it was inappropriate for I a Genea Blogger to publish Political views. Escpecially in the way I wrote that Post in an angry mode. So I removed it. I may write it in another way, if I want to express and give my excuses about this time and place in our lives. As I have said so far in different ways history has it's influence on our lives. Politics have an influence on our lives. I want my descendants who read any remaining blogs fifty years from now understand how the politics, and economy we have now influences our lives so much. They have to know how it caused depression and changes that we have to deal with personally each in our own ways. I am sure I can convey that differently than I did. perhaps informative and conveying more than one opinion. And if need be in another blog as suggested or simply someplace else..


History has it's influence on our lives. Politics have an influence on our lives. I want my descendants who read any remaining blogs fifty years from now understand how the politics, and economy we have now influences our lives so much. They have to know how it caused depression and changes that we have to deal with personally each in our own ways. I am sure I can convey that differently than I did. And if need be in another blog as suggested.

source of Genea Bloggers Code of conduct:

http://www.geneabloggers.com/a-code-of-conduct/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.