This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. TO LEARN MORE GO HERE https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Name Translation during family history research is not awlays a good thing.

While I was working on a Reinecke family history of the hof 2 in Sueschendorf, I noticed while I was using a translator, there was some reversal involved in Names. I have to admit, I do proof my information before I publish it, but I very well could overlook that as I type something refering to the translated copy more than the original.

I noticed earlier someones name translated as Ground Pool. Now I will have to see just who has that name.
You may have noticed that the translator translates names and places so you have to contstantly check the German written article all along the way. I just like to understand as I go along.
So I am going to be aware and maybe back check with the original papers over the next months as I lay my hands on them.

In fact I remember one person had the name translated as decrement. How awful.

If you happen to notice some differences in the order of the names. please point them out to me.
You won't win a prize, well maybe my happy smile will that do.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Copyright©2008-2024 A Rootdigger. All rights reserved. Do not remove without permission. Contact me please. We can work it out.